Hey LGCS Parents,
Save the date, as a ‘Volunteer Non-Profit Softball League’ we need your volunteer help to work on maintenance/upkeep prior to the Spring Rec season at our three fields at Foothill Elementary School on Jan 21, 2023 between 9am – 3pm.
Bring your work gloves, shovels, rakes, weed removal tools and help us with the following improvement items:
- Spike Drag & Level all 3 fields
- Remove Weeds on the infields at all three fields
- Edge the Outfield grass at all three fields
- Replace the Home Plates at the A & AA upper fields
- Organize the Foothill Main ‘Field Shed’ & Equipment Sheds
- Remove the metal boxes in the Main field dugouts & dispose of metal material
- Dugouts: Hang Bat Holders to six dugouts; Hang Home / Visitor signs on the dugouts
- Add eye hooks for assisting with chalking baselines to the fences at all three fields
- Trim trees overhanging the Snack Shack
- Seal the fan on top of the Snack Shack
- Ensure all 3 fields have bases, box template, and field prep tools (dig tool, string line reel, base plugs) in their job-boxes
Time & Material permitting (may be another weekend)
- Add Pitching Mound in ground mounts to the 6U & 8U fields at Foothill
- Spread new Dirt Fines at all three fields
- Lift/Move/Dispose of Refrigerator onto trailer behind Snack Shack
Working this event will earn hours towards your LGCS Spring Rec volunteer buyout commitment (need >=4 hours total over the season at a league function/event).
Please RSVP/register your time at the following Signup Genius link which will be verified on the day of at the Field Workday:
Look forward to your volunteer help and making our fields beautiful!